The ADT UK Regional Group was established October 15, 2013
- Dr. Dominic Eggbeer, Unit Manager, Surgical & Prosthetic Design, PDR, Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Peter Evans, Maxillofacial Prosthetist, Morriston Hospital, Swansea
- Dr. Richard Bibb, Reader in Medical Applications of Design, Loughborough University
- Mr Satyajeet Bhatia, Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
- Sean Peel, Design & Research Engineer, Surgical & Prosthetic Design, PDR, Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Ffion O’Malley, Research student, Surgical & Prosthetic Design, PDR, Cardiff Metropolitan University
Other individuals were invited, but were unable to attend, including:
- Mr Adrian Sugar, Consultant/Hon Senior Clinical Lecturer in Cleft and Maxillofacial Surgery, Maxillofacial Unit, Morriston Hospital, Swansea
- Mr Andrew Cronin, Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff
- Prof. Russell Harris, Professor of Medical Engineering & Advanced Manufacturing, Group head of AMRG Loughborough University
- Jason Watson, Consultant Maxillofacial Prosthetist at Nottingham University Hospital
- Lawrence Dovgalski, Principal Maxillofacial Prosthetist, Maxillofacial Unit, Morriston Hospital, Swansea
- Michael O’Neil, Principal Maxillofacial Prosthetist, West of Scotland Regional Maxillofacial Unit, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow
The aim is to provide the catalyst for further European groups to form and collaborate together, providing an appropriate way of developing and disseminating best practice to the diverse EU healthcare sectors. The UK regional group should reflect the mission of the ADT Foundation to encourage multidisciplinary involvement, develop bespoke workshops, conferences, forums and other educational programs and work with other providers of specialist educational programmes.
It was agreed that no membership fees would be charged. Workshops will be charged independently. To encourage multidisciplinary involvement, a range of specialities were mentioned, including: speech and language therapists, radiographers, prosthetists, dental technologists, dentists, orthodontists, surgeons, managers, dieticians and more.
The idea of producing webinars was discussed as with embedding education at a Masters level. There is a demand to improve education on advanced digital technologies in maxillofacial prosthetics. The group will contact appropriate directors of Masters level prosthetics training to discuss options.
Patient and other representative group involvement was discussed. In principle, it was agreed that it would be valuable to ensure that the group involves those who could benefit from advanced digital technologies.
2017 UK Regional Leadership Group Workshop: February 17-18, 2017
Go to Workshop information page: 2017 UK Regional Workshop